Fundraising at Basingstoke Hockey Club is absolutely essential to ensure that we have top of the range pitches and facilities.
What are we fundraising for?
We continue to fundraise for our new pitch, and once we’ve achieved that we’ll need to continue so that we can work through the club’s wish list. The committee have started to build a wish list, for example dug outs, seating, updates to the kitchen, chairs. If there’s anything that you feel should be added to the wish list, please send an email to BHCSecretary@gmail.com and title your email ‘Club Wish List’.
We have teamed up with easyfundraising, a popular website that offers sports clubs and supporters a way to raise money by shopping online.
Simply shop at your favourite retailer using easyfundraising and they will make a donation to us on your behalf. Best of all, you don’t pay anything extra – so far over £8 million has been raised for good causes in the UK.
- Help us raise money without it costing you a penny extra
- Over 500,000 others use easyfundraising to support good causes
- Over 2,800 retailers ready to donate to your club
Sign up to Easyfundraising: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/basingstokehc/
I’m already registered: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/basingstokehc/
- The BHC Lotto is a (private society) lottery.
- You need to be a club member to take part in the lottery.
- The BHC Lotto is a key fundraising activity of Basingstoke Hockey Club
- A Member has to be over 18 years of age.
- One lottery ball for one draw is £5
- You can purchase additional lottery balls at £5 each.
- There is no limit to the number of lottery balls you can buy.
- Members are allocated a unique number for each lottery ball purchased.
- The actual number of balls in each lottery draw equals the number of Members and how many balls they have purchased.
- 30% of the Membership fees collected is put in the prize money fund.
- 70% of the fees are donated to fund the new pitch and items on the wish list as agreed by BHC General Management Committee
- More Members and the more lottery balls they purchase the greater the cash prize fund and the more cash prizes are paid out.
- There are 12 lottery draws per year; on the second Saturday of each month
- There is a winner and a runner up each both, both receive cash prizes
- Cash prizes do not have tax deducted
- Set up a standing order online by the last day of the month to be included in the following month’s draw
- Contact Liam Harrison to let him know you’ve joined and he will arrange for a number to be allocated to you
- Join BHC Lotto Draw Facebook group to keep updated on winners
- Liam Harrison will contact you if you are a winner or runner up
If you would like to make a donation, we’d be hugely grateful. You can do so….